Vista Energy L.P. is proactively recruiting ICS Engineers, experienced on GE systems, for upcoming Power Generation projects in 2019.
This position will report to the Project and/or Commissioning Management team while interfacing with engineering departments, subcontractors, and client organizations, as required. It is responsible for coordinating and implementing OEM Integrated Control System programs for simple cycle and combined cycle power applications.
Providing Integrated Control System Engineering, Construction support and Commissioning services for Vista Energy clients. The work scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Adept in programming and commissioning Integrated Control Systems for thermal power facilities.
- Ability to review and approve Contractor’s scope and constructability
- Able to support the coordination and documenting of FAT activities
- Monitor equipment calibration and ensure adherence to NIST standards
- Management of updated drawings, redline and As-Built validation
- Ensure proper implementation of project quality, cost, and schedule
- Familiar with Modbus RTU serial communication mapping
- Oversee and coordinate I/O loop shooting and implementation of modifications to process control logic
- Familiar with digital control systems, burner management systems, MCC Control, MOV and SOV control, Temperature and Pressure control, and Boiler Drum Level Control
- Familiar with BOP equipment suppliers control system interface
- Support the development and execution of functional test procedures
- Able to perform system and plant tuning
- Able to understand and modify control system narratives
- Manage, supervise and direct subordinate personnel and craft as required
- Able to review contract(s) to ensure the quality and quantity of deliverables
- Able to identify and report issues of non-conformity and assist the responsible party
Requirements – Skills & Education:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation, and Controls or related engineering degrees
- Minimum project experience of 5 years related to Instrumentation and Controls Engineering
- Requires minimal oversight and supervision
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written (reports, RFI’s, required documentation)
- Language Proficiency: English, Spanish is a plus
Strong working knowledge of various control systems, including: GE Integrated Control System architecture, Modicon, Triconics, Westinghouse, Honeywell TDC 3000, Foxboro I/A, Bailey Net 90, Rosemount, Fisher Provox, GE Mark V, Ve, VIe & VI, Ovation, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Taylor MOD 300, Yokogawa and Metso DNA.
- Job is site based
- Project hours based on project schedule and need
- Standing on feet for extended periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing; and routinely lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, and ear protection, and high voltage protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Work with hazardous materials and completion of associated training may be required.
- Work hours are based on (40) hours per week, subject to change based on project requirements.
- Candidate should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
- Business needs may cause the project to cancel or delay filling the position at any time during the selection process.
- Hourly wage rate based on forty (40) hours per week, with the potential for overtime if required, and as approved in advance
- Compensation based on education, experience and relevant successful work history in engineering, construction or similar fields