Crosswalks are the extension of the sidewalk or shoulder across an intersection and can be marked or not. Marked crosswalks also exist between intersections.
- Stop for pedestrians in crosswalks and stay stopped until they’ve cleared the adjacent lane.
- Always stop or park behind crosswalks, not in them.
- Never pass a car stopped at a crosswalk. A pedestrian could be crossing and hidden from your view.
- Check for pedestrians before turning.
- Stop for pedestrians in sidewalks that cross driveways.
- Look for pedestrians before backing.
- Be alert—mistakes can be deadly for pedestrians.